Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

98 Mitsubishi eclipse heater issues?

so when i first bought this car, the heater was so strong that if i put it on level 3, i could still roll down the windows and have enough heat to stay warm. about 3 years later, something broke and there was NO HEAT i needed to get a new thermostate gage and i dunno what, but it was fixed. over the past 2-3 years, it seems like every winter there is less and less force behind the heat, i mean, it gets warm, but it doesnt blow as hard as it used to, like even all full blast i would never even THINK of opening the window. example, before if i had one of the three vents closed and it on level 2, it would make a whistling noise cause it was blowing so hard. now if i have all vents but the main one open and the heat on high, it still wont even make that noise.

what could cause that? and is there a way to fix how hard it blows the air out? is it really expensive if it is? cause the car isnt worth that much to pay too much, ya know?

Update:

tiyra, if i bore you so much, stop sitting on your butt all day trying to bother me. and dont think you're gonna make me think you're sleeping with my man, he wouldnt lower his standards to sleep with trash like you.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Check outside where the hood meets the windshield, near where the windshield wipers are. Look and see if there is a build up of leaves, sticks or whatever covering the air intake grill. If your not getting air into the fan, you won't get any out. It will probably be easier to see if you open the hood.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.