Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 1 decade ago

Who is your favorite artist-Leonardo, Michaelangelo, or Raphael & why?

Favorite Answer

Whilst there is no denying the genius of both Leonardo and Michelangelo, I do prefer Raphael.

There is not a great deal of Leonardo's works around anyway, and I do find them a little bit "samey". His faces all seem to come from a certain set of stock images.

Michelangelo's work I find a little chunky. The Sistine Chapel ceiling is a colossal piece of work and his Last Judgement is awesome, as is his "David".

No, its Raphael for me for several reasons. His use of a brighter colour palette generally than Leonardo; his pieces feel more accessible to me rather than grandiose; and his art generally is on more of a human scale than that of Michelangelo.

Michelangelo.

He mastered both sculpture and painting, and he had more variety in facial structure than Leonardo had.

I haven't seen enough of Raphael's works to make a decision, but of the couple of things I have seen, I still prefer Michelangelo's style.

michaelangelo. i just like his art better. it's more fairy tale like (to me) where as raphael and leonardo are more realistic and the colors are usually harsher. michealangelo's stuff is always so pretty and soft.