Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does eating frozen dinners that have the plastic film and cooking them in the microwave really cause some?

kind of cancer?

I heard it has some type of chemical reaction with the plastic.

Favorite Answer

I highly doubt it...its the same thing as any other frozen food you'd eat. Of course there are certain things added to the foods to preserve freshness and all that crap...but I'd assume they are non cancer causing and fairly safe to consume

Random suggestions: Walmart has a microwave rice cooker that actually works on pasta and veggies. It is about 7 dollars, plastic, I think it is a Sunbeam item. Then you can buy whatever kind of pasta or rice you like, dry, and combine it however you want with different ingredients. For ramen you can add things to make them more interesting. I like black beans, other people use frozen veggies. You can also make more salads. You can blow your options wide open by adding a foreman or a toaster oven if either is allowed... You can get plenty of protein with canned or pouch meat, such as tuna, chicken, ham. This is the good stuff, not spam and such. You can also get things like Dinty More Compleats, they are sold on the pantry shelf, with the ravioli and the soup, etc. There are other brands, too. There are all different kinds of soups.

No. The only hazard is steam if you don't open up the plastic cover a bit.

I think it causes plasticities....

I hope not. Im gettin cheese fries.

• Sweet!

The air we breathe does, so probably.

• Brick

Absolutely not.

i doubt they would be able to market it it in that case

i doubt that

I dont know add additional deatails please

It makes sence