Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Is it ok to pull some of your eyelashes out?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you do it as a result of stress, it is often referred to as OCD. However, why would you want to do it just because?

• 1 decade ago

it can cause a form of staph infection if bacteria gets into the places u are plucking called a sty

A sty is an acute infection or inflammation of the secretory glands of the eyelids.

This common infection or inflammation results from blocked glands within the eyelid. When the gland is blocked, the oil produced by the gland occasionally backs up and extrudes through the wall of the gland, forming a lump, which can be red, painful, and nodular. Frequently, bacteria can infect the blocked gland, causing increased inflammation, pain, and redness of the eye and even redness of the surrounding eyelid and cheek tissue.

The lump can point externally (outward) or internally (inward). Frequently, the lump appears with a visible whitish or yellowish spot that looks much like a large pimple. Usually, one obvious area of swelling is apparent on one lid, but many styes can appear on one or both eyelids simultaneously.

The lump frequently goes away when the blockage of the gland opening is relieved. Furthermore, the infection goes away when the pus is drained from the sty.

• 1 decade ago

OWCH! theres nothing wrong with it like medically or anything. the worst outcome is u could end up with no lashes or chunks of eyelashes missing. full eyelashes r Soooo great. why would u want to pull some out?? whatevr your reason if you like the way u look with less eyelashes go for it!

• AJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

why would u want to do that??? nothing bad would happend if u pull

it out expect you would be without eyelashes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well

there is no real problem with that but the more eyelashes, the more fuller it looked, the cuter it lookes

dont use water proof mascara its bad on your eyes,

• 1 decade ago

for this reason i plucked too but i think my eyes are irrated so i plucked

but i get a sty from doing this.

• 1 decade ago

i do all the time. i have super thick lashes and havent seen anything bad result from it

• 1 decade ago

Do you see any harm in it ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.