Any girls have trouble wearing...?

thigh highs? I'm not a fan of pantyhose, but I never feel "complete" without some sort of hosiery. I've been wearing thigh highs, but it seems after I've worn them a couple of times they begin to fall. From time to time I'll wear a garter belt to keep my thigh highs up, but sometimes my outfit doesn't allow me to hide my garters. Any other women experience the same problems?

Favorite Answer

Leg Avenue (legavenue.com) sells so many different types, they especially have "stay-put" thi-hi's. They have elastic bands at the top to help keep them up. Also, you can try buying a small bottle of clear liquid latex, you can apply it to the inside of your thi-hi, to help keep it from slippin' down. Hope that helps!

• jen l

I'm the same way - I always feel better with hosiery. I like pantyhose myself, but when I wear stockings I usually go with garters cause it just keeps them up better. Some thigh highs have a sort of sticky stay-up top that works pretty well, as long as you're not moving around too much, but not as well as a garter belt.

• Misha

I don't think there is a woman alive that hasn't or doesn't have this problem with thigh highs. The only reason they don't roll down on the models wearing them, is because they just sit or stand there. Best bet is to go a single size larger. Not only will this allot for a larger thigh size, but they will go slightly higher up your thigh, meaning you can shorten the garter strap and be able to keep them in place. By shortening the strap of the garter, you may be able to hide them under your outfit. If the visible outline of the garter strap is an issue, try purchasing the double sided fabric tape that celebrities and sticking it to your thigh highs. If that stuff could keep J.Lo's dress at the Oscars on, it can keep thigh highs up. It's really inexpensive and easy to use and find, most lingerie stores and departments have it! Good luck!

Don't hide the garter. I've got thigh-hi socks. And yes they are socks. I wear them 'cause it is only 2 degrees.

You know you could get stockings with the button on them. Or even easier, crotchless panty hose.

Uh sure! for all time...i'm large picky approximately what I placed on and if i'm no longer a a hundred% in love with an outfit, i will in basic terms shop ransacking my closet till i detect something... it relatively is even worse on the mall identifying to purchase nonetheless simply by fact i do no longer in basic terms like the way a lot of supplies experience and so I even have like a a million in 5 risk of looking something that a minimum of isn't scratchy to me lol.

I wear no hosiery it feels like I am fake and they ronch up and for the garters they feel weird!

• H.L.A.

No...They pinch my thighs and I get rolls above the elastic if I wear them where they're supposed to sit, so instead of having rolls I wear them a little lower than the middle of my thigh. I'm not fat either. I'm toned and weigh 111, I just have meaty thighs. Try eating food...

• B

I'm not a fan of thigh highs, And when I do wear them its not for long. I would make sure that you are wearing the correct size. I'm short and they are always too long for me.

I never have trouble waring any of the above. I like for my legs to feel free. Wearing panty hose all of the time just makes me feel like I can't be myself. I only wear them if I have to.

I absolutely have that problem... the band seems to "roll" (even if the package says it doesn't). Make sure you are wearing the correct size, and if that doesn't work, going a size bigger may help.