Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Why are ABC shows constantly pre-empted or reruns?

Why are the best shows "Desperate Housewives", "Ugly Betty", "Grey's Anatomy", "Brothers and Sisters" constantly having re-runs when they are all supposedly in a "NEW" season?? The pre-empt the shows all the time, and will show one new episode and then 3 reruns....what's the deal??

• LORD Z
    Favorite Answer

Strategy to save new shows for days they know they will get bigger audiences.

Yes, I know what you mean. CBS and NBC don't seem to be any better. They start their new season, show one new show, and then advertise the 2nd week saying all new episodes. Why wouldn't they be new during the 2nd week of the new season? But then, by about the third or fourth week, they're into reruns again. It got totally confusing to watch Lost when they would show a new show then a rerun and another new show again. I'd rather they pull it completely for a while, (as they did) and play it later on than try to read the description to see if it's a rerun.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox for the day. :)

I know Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy have been showing new episodes lately, no reruns. But shows like Lost and such have recorded less episodes so they can't just play them all at once and show all of them. It'd be way too early to end a season.