Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lolliepop asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

im 14 and only weigh about 5.7 and im 5 foot 4. what weight should i be?how can i put in weight..im desperate?

please please help me i realy want to put on weight. i do eat quite alot and dont put on weight

Favorite Answer

You're not too much underweight, my cousin is in about the same position as you.

You probably have a very good metabolism if you say you eat a lot already. That's not a bad thing, you'll be thankful for it in a few years :)

There's a product you can get from most supermarkets called Minadex, it builds you up and contains iron, which you probably need. My cousin is taking it and she has put on weight surprisingly quickly.

Just never mention to anybody about eating lots and never putting on any weight, it's social suicide, trust me.

Good luck!

• ?

in spite of the undeniable fact that your BMI is interior the "healthful" determination in accordance to at least one calculator I used (this is sturdy!) 23 is extremely on the point of the dividing line. I do hassle quite more effective about this thinking that you've diabetes. i'm a researcher in a lab that study fat, metabolism, and diabetes (between different issues), and that i do not forget that the more effective more effective fat you carry round, the more severe it really is going to be on your type 2 diabetes. With that in ideas, i might want to point that you're making an more effective attempt to eat healthily, with small serving sizes, and to exercising more effective -- basically on your well being! you'll discover that you lose some weight through the years once you're making those existence form variations, and if that takes position, tremendous, in spite of the undeniable fact that the point is that you received't allow your diabetes get out of hand. it may reason all styles of nasty stuff like kidney failure and blindness and aspiring to get limbs amputated, so this is well worth it to take it heavily. lengthy tale short, i'm particular you're basically captivating as you're, yet I do hassle about carrying even some more effective lbs of fat once you're diabetic. Sorry to be the variety of worrier!

You are young. It could be that you had a growth spurt, and you weight just hasn't caught up yet. Give it time, and your body will fill out naturally. Now, if yoiu are extremely worried, i recommend seeing a nutritionist or doctor, because this could be a sign of a thyroid or pituitary condition. Not trying to scare you, but if your health is not at risk, or you don't feel ill, then don't worry about it. Girls kill themselves to look like you, and you already look that way naturally. Embrace who you are. Good luck!

Desperate? You make it sound like this is life or death. It isn't so calm down. You're a kid and you are going through puberty. Relax. Don't try to eat everything in sight--your body is going to change so much in the next 5-6 years----you won't believe it.