on my e mail i have two welcome messages why is this i do not want two accounts?
why do you want a nickname what is the meaning of the word nickname
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
The "Welcome" name that appears at the top of the page when you sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account is determined by the name you entered while creating your Yahoo! ID. If you would like to have a different name displayed, follow these steps:
Begin by logging into your Yahoo! Mail account at:
1. Click the "Mail Options" link in the upper right-hand area of the page.
2. On the Mail Options page, click the "Account Information" link in the left-hand navigation bar.
3. Enter your password and click "Continue."
On your Yahoo! ID Card:
1. Scroll to the Address/Contact Information and click the "Edit" button.
2. The name you have entered in the "First name" field is the name that will be displayed on the Yahoo! Mail Welcome page.
3. To change the name, double-click to highlight the current name and then type a new name.
4. Click the "Finished" button in the upper right-hand corner on the Contact Information page and then on the Account Information page.
The new Welcome name will now appear when you login to Yahoo! Mail. If you do not see the new name, click the "Refresh" or "Reload" button on your browser's toolbar.