Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

American Idol- do these people actually think they can sing? What is wrong with them?

I can't believe that so many bad singers audition, why do they waste their time? I'm sure they wait hours and hours. How can they not know they can't sing? Is it because when we hear ourselves we sound different than what we actually sound like?

Favorite Answer

I dont know but without them i think the beginning of american idol would b boring and less entertaining..They have big dreams and a lot of them just like to get their own little spot light on t.v....i dont think it matters if they can hear themselves or not but they must not have good or any friends because you would think they would tell them THEY SUCK! :(

I totally agree. Most of them are probably just hoping for a chance to be on t.v.

I was watching this thing on American Idol and it says that they only show mostly the weird ones on t.v. and only a couple actual good singers because it makes for good t.v. That's why at the end of every american idol audition they say that liek 25 people made it to Hollywood, when on t.v. we only got to see like 5 of those 25 actually audition. I'm sure that horrible singers probably feed off of that and realize that they're probably gonna be on t.v. if they do horrible.

Here's how, I think. They all have parents who are all ridiculously supportive but won't be realistic with their children. I mean, how many times have you seen those parents saying, "I don't know WHAT they are looking for! MY BABY CAN SING!" And you're sitting their watching, going, "Oh NO. Your baby CAN'T sing!" I mean support is great -- but letting your child humiliate themselves is not support.

lol yeah u have a point but most ppl think their voices are good regardless of how many windows they can shatter. & the support frm their parents and friends apparently doesnt help cz they tell them wat they wanna hear and r probably too scared to tell them the truth...dnt wanna burst their bubble. but hey it makes american idol more fun to watch =P

• Kookie

a lot of them are just happy to be on TV....

and some think that maybe they can be the next William Hung...

Somebody's obviously been lying to those poor fools!

• LORD Z

They are tone deaf and like the attention.