d.anconia asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

What would happen if I used my razor to shave my facial hair every day?

I am 20 and while I don't have a ton of facial hair I still believe I look a lot better with a freshly shaven face than when I haven't shaved for a couple days. Is is plausible to use my razor on my face every day or will that cause razor burn or some other uncomfortable condition?

Favorite Answer

You'll have no problems as long as you don't press the razor hard onto the skin. Your skin will eventually "toughen up" to the razor and with each shave, it will feel better. Just remember to always use a sharp blade. You won't cut yourself as much and you won't get as much razor burn.

Lots of men shave every day. Hand shaver seems to give the closest shave for me, but mostly I use an electric shaver, as it's quicker or easier. I go with a little stubble some times, no prob's. Some say a cut throat razer is best, but rather dangerous, I wouldn't want to use one my self now a days.

Well Bud, most guys I know shave daily. I have shaved daily since I was about 14, except for weekends when I don't bother. No problem at all, sometimes for some evening events like a wedding I may shave again in the pm to get rid of shadow.

My dad had natural black hair so, to keep a clean shaven face, he had to shave TWICE a day (AM/ PM). He always uses a nice shave gel (look for a moisturizing one if you feel tightness in your skin after it dries) and that's all.

There are tons of great products for men's shaving and after-shaving (look for a gel-cream that has SPF to avoid irritation from the sun).

I know I'm a girl but my mother is a beautician! : )

I am an esthetician. (skin-care) Shaving everyday causes your follicles to be really irritated. You make like the look, and if your hair isn't too course you may not experience ingrown hairs. However, it does exfoliate the skin every time you shave by taking off the top layer of skin on your epidermis. This doesn't ruin your skin by any means but its just not recommended

I would suggest a razor over ANYTHING else to shave with. If your face starts burning while you do it, you'll know it's too often. Are you sure you don't have OCD?

I have shaved almost every day for about 55 years

Sometimes 2x a day

Many men all over the world do that every day without ill effects.

Hmm i think you should do every other day just to be safe or go upgrade your razor.

clean shaven men are nice. use a aftershave with aloe, but it's nice to see a man with a clean face. not so scratchy!