TIRED OF THIS!!!! any help??????

Oh well. Im so TIRED of my job. I have almost a year working as Bilingual receptionist for this company and i didn't complain at all before but till they started asking me to do more things like recruiting and hiring ppl, when im just supposed to do what a receptionist do. Not just that, i wouldn't care if im doing that, but im not getting pay for the extra job! .... even for the extra hours!! ..... I dont like this job at all!!! i just got it bc i needed the money but not anymore. Bc of this job, i lost time in my college and i wasted alot of time already. Im not going to college.... which makes me sad cuz i really wanna go and finish my thing. Im thinking about to resign myself and keep doing my career things. but the problem is that i will finish my career in the states cuz im gonna get marry this year and my bf will take me there and he will help finish college. So that's why im not in college here any more too. What can i do? Im really confused about the decision i wanna take

my bf will take me to the states and he keeps telling me i will get a better education degree there. BUt what can i do in the mean time? Keepin workin like a little b****? or just getting into classes that can be productive for me?? I think i gotta keep working for saving up the money to go to the states.... but at the same time im sick and tired of it and i wanna improve myself doing things that i really like (ie. taking classes of design.. going to the gym,.... painting, drawing, etc etc etc.)

• justa
    Favorite Answer

You have a goal of going to college in the US? I hope you realize that its quite expensive, as is everything else in the US. Since you know you will be leaving anyway, try to tough it out and use the extra experience you are getting as something to put on your resume. Almost all people here work even if they go to college, and if you are planning a career in the arts it never hurts to have a 'straight' job skill to fall back on. Try to stay with your present job, its the adult thing to do, and save your money to make it easier on your boyfriend and yourself later on.

You sound like you might be Canadian and bilingual english/french.

Bilingual jobs in Canada are easy to get and they always better paid than those with only one langauge. No need to go to an expensive place like the States. Especially if you need to pay international fees, and wont be eligible for any student loans or welfare.

Are you bilibgual then? You can do translation and interpreting, some jobs pay quite well for temp translators, $25-$30/hour. Most of them are freelancing jobs, but it can get you started.. Post your skills on this site and you might find something.....

hmmm..maybe you can try ur luck at this. I made $ 50 in the last 3 days, you'll have to complete surveys and take up free offers. Hope this helps.

If you're bilingual, you can almost write your own ticket. Do so.