Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Can I buy kerosene for my kerosene furnace at a gas station?

I cannot afford the minimum delivery price of 560.00 from the oil company and I would like to get some oil for my furnace.

• Favorite Answer

I suggest Lowe's. we sell it by 5gallons and its alot cheaper than having it delivered. The option with this is you can have the cans delivered for a small fee then you'd just have to put it in.

• ?

Kerosene Gas Station

Gas Stations That Sell Kerosene

Yes you can. There is a little difference in the kerosene you get delivered and that you get out of a pump but you won't notice it. [except the price] Normally when you get it at a gas station you have to sign a form with address and what you are using it for. Plus the proper container, which for kerosene will be a blue can.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): buy kerosene kerosene furnace gas station: https://shortly.im/Vek0K

Some gas stations sell kerosene that you can pump yourself, but they're few and far between. You'd have to call around and find out which stations in your area (if any) sell it. If you can't get it that way, best bet is to get it from Home Depot or Lowe's.

The older gas stations use to carry that. Why don't you go to the local oil company depot and see whether you can buy 5 gallon pails of it? I use to be able to go there to buy 5 gallon pails of varsol.

• Evelyn

Diesel would be better. More BTU and it cheaper. If your tank is outside and not heated if temps are 0 or - 0 then your want to add an anti-gel additive to the fuel so it wont gel up. Will work fine.

probably not at a gas station. try hardware supply type store. they will sell it in 5 gallon containers, but if your lucky they might have a tank that you can fill your own at.

where do you live-when I lived in St. Pete FL u could but then it doesn't get very cold there