Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Has U2 helped the world to be better, or have we learn from U2???

Has U2 messages in their music made you learn or changed you in anyway?

Favorite Answer

Yes yes and yes.

Although i am not Christian as 3 of the 4 band members are, the messages in their lyrics represent to me the idea of salvation no matter who you are and where you are at in life. I get that Bono is appreciative of the tragedy of life because it causes personal growth and a need to improve the world around you.

And he is pretty amazing at getting crusty old suit types to give up their money in the name of helping third world countries eliminate old debt.

Is Bono Jesus?

I think these are highly moral men. At least when it comes to how to treat others. Bono may well be an elected leader from Ireland someday.

The queen honored him in a way few get honored. He was knighted. Honorary Knighthood for non-brits is rare.

Thomas Nelson, the bible publishing co. is reprinting Bono's National Prayer Breakfast address, soon.

Pres. Bush even likes him, even though they are at political odds.

They try hard to help the world and yes we can learn a lot from them

Bono is not the type of person I would take council from!