Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

married , both working , no children. what should I put on my w-4 and what should my spouse put on her w-4 .?

one income is higher than the other. Inorder to avoid paying at year-end or get refund, is filling married or filling married but hold with a higher rate help for both of us. Please explain to me what we need to do on both of our w-4.

Favorite Answer

The BEST option is to have the spouse who makes the larger income claim Married with 2 dependents, the spouse who makes less needs to claim Married with 0 dependents. This withholds the closest amount of taxes, where you won't owe and if you get a refund it will be minimal.