How do I copy an application program to a cd?

I am wanting to copy an application program to a disk so I can use it on another computer. Can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

Copying the executable file (the file with the name of the application usually with a .exe extension) used to work when non-gui interface operating systems were being used. Now, you need to duplicate the media in which the application was initially installed on the computer.

Go to C:\Programs

and locate the folder that has the desired application

then copy the ENTIRE contents of that folder.

This method should work unless the application relies on registry keys and other programs that are not installed on the second computer

(for any software that comes with a price tag this will most certainly be the case)