Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

deceptive practice by homebuyers?

I was incarcerated for midemeanor while a relative sold my home.Her name was on the deed as well as mine but,She forged my name on a closing and the company she sold it to drafted a falsified power of attorney with my name also forged on it.I believe these people did this while i was in a vunerable position to obtain my house and money.Please note I bought the relative's intrest in the property out before all of this.I'm in the state of ohio.What can i do??

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Sue!!! Probably bring criminal charges against your relative, maybe the company as well.

    Step 1: Find a good lawyer. He/she will do the rest.

  • 1 decade ago

    You can get a lawyer. If your name was forged your relatives as well as anyone who notarized the documents without witnessing you sign the document could be in legal trouble.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.