Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do I place a "mark" on someone's credit report?

I have an ex-tenant who still owes rent money. If I cannot recover the money, I would at least want to put a complaint on his credit report.

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You cannot personally do it. You need to hire an outside attorney or collection agency that specializes in debt collection. They MUST provide the user with their rights, and must follow the law. More specifically the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

  • 1 decade ago

    You need to file a small claims complaint and get a judgment. All judgments will show on someones credit report.

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Take them to court and get a judgment. Judgments and collections stay on your credit for 7-years.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Use a Sharpie pen (black or red) and put the word "bad" on the report.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    sue them and get a judgement from the courts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.