Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Cub asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

What is the tastiest of the whole wheat sliced breads, in your opinion?

I want to eat healthier sandwiches, but I also want to try and get some good flavor, too. Some whole wheat breads just taste like cardboard.

Favorite Answer

Mrs. Baird's whole grain white is really good.

I used to think so to. But I decided that I was going to eat healthier and just started buying wheat bread. It was hard at first, but now, I can't eat anything less than 7 grain wheat bread...all the other bread tastes like air to me. It's definitely an acquired taste. If you just start eating it, you'll eventually get used to it, and may even prefer it, like I do now.

If you think that American wholewheat breads taste like cardboard, try some of the wholewheat breads from Europe. They're really like cardboard.Just try some different varieties at your supermarket and make up your own mind. There are some white breads made from whole grains (no idea how they do it) and they are less like cardboard.

Try Brownberry's 12 grain. It tastes sweeter than most, like they put honey in it or something (I don't know if they do or not). But it makes for great sandwiches.

Most of the whole grain breads are higher in calories, but also higher in fiber and much more filling.

I like Pepperidge Farm brand 15 grain whole wheat bread - it has sunflower seeds, it's hearty, and it tastes great with turkey, ham, or peanut butter.

Orowheat!