did you know that some people have a phobia for condiments?

Favorite Answer

Mayonnaise scares the heck out'a me!

I found this Salon article and realized the scope of one family's problem: http://www.salon.com/aug97/mothers/phobia970806.ht...

However, I wouldn't call it a phobia but more like a prejudice. I, too, have to read all ingredients in ketchup and other condiments and canned items, but this is for a very definite reason. My husband has an ulcer that is aggravated by garlic and onions. I have found there are almost NO condiments that are without these two ultra-cheap spices. So I make my own ketchup, pizza sauce, marinara, etc.. Sometimes people have reasons for not eating commercial condiments or particular canned foods. Sometimes it is just prejudice, but I've never really heard of a true phobia concerning condiments.

Phobia... may be it's too strong a word, because it depends on the quality of the condiments.

I find it's just as easy to ignore the stuff.

Yes i know everything just ask me.

what's your point?

no i did not