Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Gemini
Lv 5
Gemini asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What lessons has Prez. GW Bush taught you regarding "personal responsibility" and "fiscal responsibility"?

Great Presidents teach us things about leadership; President Bush and the GOP are always talking about personal & fiscal responsibility. What has our Prez taught you in 6 years about these 2 things?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Somebody else will pick up the tab, and so they should it really wasn't my fault n the first place.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think it's necessarily the President's responsibility to teach us things, but to lead to the best of his or her ability. The president have faced obstacles in the state of the world that have made his presidency very different than it might have been in that regard had he not faced 9/11 and the war against the west. They didn't start with him, but he was forced to reckon with them. So I think there are many lessons that history will teach from this Presidency and not all have come to light yet. I think he has done an admirable job of taking personal responsibility for his actions, including the admission that the current strategy wasn't working and his attempt to remedy it. As far as fiscal responsibility, he has been forced to spend money on defense that he might not have liked to spend, but once committed, there is no turning back, and he didn't have a choice after that point. One can always choose to criticize and spin things in a negative light. We could say Clinton taught us about lying to save your skin under oath and getting away with what you can, or we could choose to say that he was a charismatic leader who could serve as a wonderful example in regards to how to win support from his constituents. Accordingly, one can spin the current President in different lights.

• 1 decade ago

The one unwavering aspect of our President is that he does what he says he will do! I admire people with that kind of stick-to-it integrity.

• Jadis
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Stand up for what you believe is right - no matter what the personal cost.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dubya has taught me that if you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you don't have to practice "personal responsibility" or "fiscal responsibility", because someone will always be there to catch you if you fall.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Trying to transfer blame to the congress is like the little boy who threw the rock through the window glass saying..."well, you should have never let me throw it,you know, If you didn't want the window broken out, why did you give me the rock"

• Dr W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

not sure

What lessons did you learn from Clinton???

Or Bush Sr, or Reagan, or Carter, or Ford, or Nixon.

In fact. name one president you learned anything regarding personal responsibility or financial responsibility from.

• 1 decade ago

Lie, cheat, nothing is your fault, and by all means don't bother trying to save hundreds of dollars for the 2 cent interest you'll earn.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He could not teach me anything other than to change the channel when he comes on and just because you are American does not mean you will speak proper English.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's taught me that if you have the right pedigree and enough money, you can escape the consequences of your actions no matter how horrible and irresponsible they might be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.