Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

why is marijuana illegal?

My mom says ts because the Gov. can't tax it . but wouldn't that apply for cigarettes cause people grow tobacco

Favorite Answer

It is such a waste to take all the time to arrest and send to prison anything to do with marijuana...I am all for legalizing it so we cAN tax it, buy it and enjoy, like alcohol, but if we don't, then butts and lliquoir should also be illegal....

Who knows, your mother is partly right though. If the government could get their hands in the mix, you can be sure it would be legalized and controlled. Despite the government issues, I dont see why it shouldn't be legalized. In my opinion, alcohol is a lot more deadly and bad for you health wise than pot. I think a person could drive a car much better under the influence of pot than on booze.

because weed like hemp is a better product or material than cotton and all this other synthetic produces and it cheap last longer and grow natural look up hemp production early pioneer time Ill c it was legal until it out sold cotton lol

Marijuana is killer drug, it shortens life spern, it derays people's minds and it energises people to commit criminal offence and it negatively affecting the societal brain and the economy of a nation. the illegality of marijuana cannot be over emphasised considering the above points. there is no government in its right thinking faculty that can legalise marijuana because it causes more harm than help.

Source(s): Cecilia A

The Government could tax it if it chose to.

The government criminalized it without studying it.

because the gov can't tax it

I wish it's legal, argghhh. I really need to get high and get away from my frigging problems.

idk man its dum i mean if sigs and alcohol are legal why ent weed its all part of goverment and big businesses plan to rob us and make them even richer they control everything couz youkno what i mean

ps im not a hippy juss got veiws like everyone else

BECAUSE OUR SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT WONT MAKE ANY MONEY OUT OF IT BECAUSE IT IS GROWING BEHIND ALMOST EVERY SHACK IN THE COUNTRY, TRY AND CONTROL IT AND ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE.