Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

On eBay, what are some justifiable reasons for giving negative feedback?

i payed a seller on the 5th of january, the item arrived on the 23rd. the item would never have arrived if i didn't email the seller to send him proof that the electronic cash transaction took place.

does this deserve negative, neutral or positive feedback? i am kinda leaning towards negative because it took so damn long.

Favorite Answer

If the seller was polite and apologetic (a genuine mistake) then give positive.

If the seller was rude/indifferent, I would still tend to give positive or a neutral.

On eBay, people are fairly reluctant to give negatives because the seller may retaliate and future sellers might see you as being a bit of trouble (and thus reluctant to sell to you if you've left a lot of negatives for previous sellers).

I've given about 60 feedbacks and only once have I been forced to given negative.

If you leave a negative, you can pretty much expect a retallitory negative as a response. Unfortunate, but that's what happens most of the time.

Are you happy with the item? Shipping materials used? Description? Was the seller friendly and helpful when they discovered their error? You might take all of that into consideration.

Personally, if I were happy with the product, I would leave a positive feedback such as:

"Seller overlooked payment, but resolved. Product great!"

Sellers are only human and sometimes mistakes can be made. While I think that there are some cases that truly warrent negative feedback, most problems can be worked out with good communication between buyer and seller.

Yes, there are justifiable reasons to give negative feedback, but yours is not one of them as you have your item before 30 days. eBay sellers have to deliver their goods to their customers by 30 days after they have been paid for before thay will consider a seller is Non Performing.

Personally, it seems that there was some problem and the seller asked for proof of payment which was reasonable. Did the item arrive intact, good condition, are you happy with it? Personally, I would offer a positive feedback, if so.

I would probably leave neutral feedback indicating when you paid and when you received the item. Feedback that you leave can and has been challenged in court for libel/slander. As a buyer and seller on ebay, I only leave negative if I didn't get a payment, or I never received the item. Here is a link to my feedback that I leave:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeed...

If the hyperlink doesn't work, just copy it to your browser

Phil

Why should he send you anything until he has proof you have sent him money? Seriously, if you were in his shoes, would you have sent product before proof it was paid for.

Now if it took three weeks, that is soo long. However you can criticise him for wanting proof of payment. How long did it take U to provide that for him. If it took you a long time to do, then frankly he is not to blame.

Unless he previously specified that it might take that long to ship....go for it, give the negative feedback. Other reasons for negative feedback would include, faulty products, failure to ship (like you mentioned), or failure on their part to leave feedback for you.

• deco

warrior42,

as to this:

"or failure on their part to leave feedback for you"

that is the WORST reason i have ever heard for leaving a neg!

feedback is voluntary.