Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

texas workforce?

I am a full-time employee at a local automobile dealership. I was hired June '06 as a Tag/Title Clerk. My boss (lady) was very nice to me until the first of the year and now has begun mentally harrassing me. She refuses to talk to me even I even say "good morning". The other day I went into her office to ask her if I had done something to cause her change in behavior and she responed by saying, "I don't want to talk about it and Get Out Of My Office!" I get along very well with the other two girls in the office and one of them has even said that she would testify for me if I decided to report the harrassment. My boss has been with the company 33+ years and runs practically every aspect of the entire dealership. I have no HR department to go to - she is the HR department. I have also been told that she has harrassed other employees in the past, hence, they have a large turnover. I really do not know what to do. I am a single mother with a 2 year old child. Please help.

Favorite Answer

contact a local attorney that specializes in labor problems. maybe even one of the ambulance chasing "workers comp" attorneys can give you some insight. These matters take a long time to litigate unfortunately . . .i wouldn't wait till the last minute to start looking for a new job . .