bobbysmama asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

To continue with the "scammer" situation?

I sent them the following offer: they say they have some kind of wonder food for birds and they send a "free" 25 lb. bag with each bird shipped. So, I told them this 1. if they are in Alaska, why is their ad in the Los Angeles Classified ? Answer: They are know world wide. 2. Why should I pay to ship someone else's birds. No answer to this.

3. how about this?: you ship me the male and your wonder food with some nice labels with the name and good qualities of the food and I will pack it in ziplock baggies and go to all the vets here in corpus to introduce them to your wonder food. I will give you details on who I contacted, how they responded and how their clients responded. I will even allow the use of my phone number for more orders. They replyed--you take the male, we send you food, you sell food and we pay you.OK everybody now WHAT DO YOU THINK ?????

Favorite Answer

What the hell is this about?

I think playing around with these scammers is just futile. They are making fortunes on people less smart than you. I read your other posts. These guys seem a full on contact scammer. Its just a waste of your time and money mailing and calling these people. If you push it they will up and leave. Best is to contact the bird magazine, since magazines dont investigate Money paying advitisers they will post anything, its up the the buyer to make sure they are not jipping you. Also why would you ever buy a bird you never seen before? With out proof I would never have a large parrot shipped to me, cause a large percentage of Parrots in this country have been illegally trapped and traded. ESPECIALLY Blue Hyacinths. I am aware you are not going to buy them, and you are just trying to out the scammers.

I guess since they told you where they are located, and you have a viable phone number or mailing address of theirs, I would alert the area Animal Law enforcement or even a Wild Game inspector to a possible scam or a possible bird breeder that is operating under false pretense.

Source(s): 9 Years being an Abuse/Neglect Officer, Animal control, Shelter Manager, Foster mother,and wildlife rehaber. Also breeder/owner of many diffrent types of animals for all my life.

Still a scam. The best thing you can do is report the scam to the LA times classifieds, and the animal control where they are actually located.

Other than that, leave them alone. Inevitably, you will end up falling for one of their lines and getting conned. It happens to lots of people, lawyers and doctors included.

Well, after some looking I found the site that you are looking at. It is a FREE classified ad site, where anyone can post. The one about Hyacinths being AKC registered is hilarious! The AKC is for dogs! lol!

I would just let it be. If you really want a bird, go to http://www.petfinder.com/ and see what birds in your area need homes.

Hey-

Do not mess with any scammer or "BOT" sales person or anyone along those lines. Also if they contact you with an offer that contains bad English/Grammer/Spelling because most likely they are foriegn or computer run companies. NEVER give out your Social Security numer/Credit Card Number/Checking Account Information/Insurance Data to any companie or any person who you have not had prior bussiness with or if you do not know them and they have no number and/or address you can contact/check them at.

In other words...

JUST SAY NO!

LOL

-Nora

• lin

Uhm, what kind of birds do you have? Lets start with that. Feed for them is inexpensive so you don't need to read email from "scammers" You need to know what is right for your bird. STOP! take care of you bird, they only want to survive by good food, and mostly your attention. What kind of bird do you have?

What on earth are you talking about?

p.s replyed is spelled replied

if you have to send them money it's a scam for sure