Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

Iguana Breeding Season??

I was wondering what the eating habits are during mating season so the eat more then usual of do they eat less then usual?

Update:

our male seems to be eating less and our female alot more and bobbing her head a lot. does this mean they are going to breed?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

WHAT UR FEMALE IS DOING IS COMPLETELY NORMAL, SHE WILL EAT MORE, HOPEFULLY TO FUEL HER DEVELOPING EGGS, WITH MOST REPTILES THE MALE ALMOST ENTIRELY GOES OFF HIS FOOD DURING BREEDING SEASON, HE ONLY HAS ONE THING ON HIS MIND =) HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE AN ORANGE TINT TO HIS COLOUR , THOSE ARE HIS MATING COLOURS

HOPE U HAVE SOME EGGS SOON

Source(s): STUDIED HERPETOLOGY FOR 3 YEARS
  • 1 decade ago

might be, but it could also be a sign of aggression towards the male. The female might be saying "I'm the boss". My female layed eggs in May once, but they weren't fertalized by a male. She hasn't done it since 3years ago. Before she layed the eggs, she wasn't eating a lot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should have them in separate cages, because it sounds like the male is the least dominate one and is stressed. He could also be sick so if a separate cage doesn't work take him to a vet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.