What is the most rediculous superstition ever?

Favorite Answer

My in-laws are from Mexico...so I have a million to choose from;

1. If you eat pork and drink milk , you will die.

(So, I did it to prove them wrong and now they think I'm the Anti-Christ)

2. If there is an eclipse of the moon, and you are a pregnant woman, you must wear a safety pin on your shirt near your heart or your baby will be stillborn.

3. If a baby won't stop crying, it's because a woman in the room wants to hold that baby really bad...and the baby won't stop crying until they figure out who the woman is.

There are no dumb superstitions!

*Walks under a ladder with 100 black cats after breaking a mirror, carrying his lucky rabbit's foot and a horseshoe in his pocket.*

Most of them are silly, my ex had a ritual for opening his chew (nasty), and if he didn't do it exatly right, he would throw away the stuff, afraid to encounter the potential bad luck. What an idiot he was!

crossing a black cats path.. my mom would literally stop the car freak the people out behind her and turn around and go a different route...

Source(s): yess It was embarrassing....... =))
  • amana5

i'm not sure, but i hate the one about two people walking on differnt sides of a poll, i used to have a friend who would grab me and jerk me to the side she was going, so the pole wouldnt split us.

If you break wind in church you must turn around 3 times, or god will strike you down.

there not ridiculous some are true but the one i find not true is if you brake a mirror you get 7 years bad luck i have broke a few in my time.

The black cat...you know how many black cats have i encountered?? the world would be one big place of bad luck because it's of black cats

Opening an umbrella indoors. But pretty much all of them are bogus, in my opinion.

The one about black cats crossing your path. I have had black cats my entire life. They are nothing but beautiful.