jose reyes is 2nd overall in rankings....?

reyes is a great player but i would rank a-rod,soriano,howard,and santana ahead of him and pujols 1st of course.

its also odd that joe nathan isnt in the top 50 which is good for me if i'm in leagues where people draft by rankings cause i'm snagging him way before number 50 and have the best closer in baseball.

Favorite Answer

Reyes gets a lot of steals, bats .300, 120 runs scored and had 80 RBI last year. So he fills the stat board. I too would put Soriano ahead of him, but not the others.

Good luck this year!

Reyes will have a line something like... .300/20/80/120/65... just like last year.And guess what guys, HE'S 23!! Why take Soriano who probably won't match 40/40 again when he isn't in a contract year. Why take Howard when there are SO many good 1B, and Howard doesnt contribut to 5 categories like Reyes. I wouldn't take A-Rod because once again he crumbled under Yankee expectations. Johan is the only one I could see taking other than Reyes at 2 because he is by far the best Pitcher.

But Reyes, to me is the clear number 2 position player.

Power is far easier to get in the later rounds, than speed is.

I like Nathan too, and think he is THE guy at closer. I don't know about well before 50 tho.

this one is tough to decide. he is an amazing player and his stats will only get better, but u have to look at the potential soriano has in chi-town with that line-up, and expect ryan howard to continue to put up MVP numbers. my personal opinion, i would take pujols, howard and soriano before reyes. pujols obviously is number one because he is GOD!!

I agree, a first round pick sure, but second overall seems a little high. I'll take Vald or Soriano before reyes

• Kevin

Reyes is ranked second because of his multiple help in various catagories. His stats don't really hurt you in any catagory except maybe HR's. Those other people that you have mentioned are good in their own right, it is just a matter of personal preference on who to choose.

hes 5 tool talent.