Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Vista on Toshiba Tecra M2?

I have tried to install windows Vista Ultimate edition on a Toshiba Tecra M2 with 1 Gb of ram but after seconds after booting the dvd the system hangs and shows me critical report,i had not this problem when i wanted to install XP...what should i do??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you should have used windows vista upgrade advisor to check your system to see what version you could use(home, home premium, etc) it would also tell you what programs would need to be uninstalled etc. try to reinstall xp . The best advice I can give is WAIT, this is new os and there are bound to be BUGS and glitches in it.

• 4 years ago

Are you utilising the battery charger that got here together with your computing device. Many pcs do not help third celebration adapters. also, your memory, processor, or some thing else will be damaged. I agree take to a computing device restore keep. call ahead and see in the experience that they could do a loose estimate.

• 1 decade ago

Laugh at yourself for spending that much money on a freaking O/S when you already had one that did everything you needed it to do.

Then load XP back on it until Microsoft releases a few of their famous 'patches'.

Congrats - you've been "vista'd" by uncle bill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.