when i attach my toshiba laptop to my hitachi tv through s-video all i get is a distorted flickering screen?

• bravo
    Favorite Answer

try to buy another s-video cable ((look for the pricy one)) ....same problem happened with me ....i used 3 different cables and none of them worked ((coz they were cheap and uknown manufacturer)) the 4th cable is a lil pricy but working ....good luck

You may want to update your video drivers.

S-video is analog, so the only thing that could be happening is that your laptop is broadcasting in the wrong refresh rate, probably the same as your monitor.