Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Has anyone tried hypnosis to quit smoking, did it work??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • SGT. D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My Father-in-Law took one session after smoking 3 packs a day for over 25 years. That day he threw out what cigarettes he had left and never touched one again. That was over 20 years ago.

• 1 decade ago

Hmmmm, haven't. But, tell me, if you quit smoking under hypnosis, is it 'you' that quit smoking?

• 1 decade ago

my best friend went to a hypnotist to quit smoking. Its been 6 months, and she hasnt had a craving since she went to see him. I think it works.

• 1 decade ago

actually a good friend of mine tried and he has'nt smoked in 6 years

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ummm. the only way to stop is through pure determination. try to find another hobby like watching youtube. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TnTxProduction... watch videos like that, funny and time killing :D

• 1 decade ago

Surely it can... but the person undertaking such treatments should be strongly motivated smokers.........However success cannot be guaranteed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.