Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 decade ago

Please, tell me more about infections who are provocated with cytomegalovirus?

Favorite Answer

Here is a bunch of information found on the site of the Center for Disease Control.

CMV, or cytomegalovirus (sī-to-MEG-a-lo-vī-rus), is a common virus that infects people of all ages. Once CMV is in a person’s body, it stays there for life. Most infections with CMV are “silent,” meaning most people who are infected with CMV have no signs or symptoms. However, CMV can cause disease in unborn babies and in people with a weakened immune system.

CMV is a member of the herpesvirus family, which includes the herpes simplex viruses and the viruses that cause chickenpox (varicella-zoster virus) and infectious mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr Virus).

Who is at risk for CMV disease?

Anyone can become infected with CMV. Most healthy adults and children who have a CMV infection will have few, if any, symptoms. However, certain groups are at higher risk of getting CMV disease. These groups include

unborn babies who are infected during pregnancy

people with a weakened (immunocompromised) immune system

Risk of CMV infection is likely to be reduced by careful attention to good personal hygiene, such as hand washing.

How is CMV spread?

Person to person contact (such as, kissing, sexual contact, and getting saliva or urine on your hands and then touching your eyes, or the inside of your nose or mouth)

Through the breast milk of an infected woman who is breast feeding

Infected pregnant women can pass the virus to their unborn babies

Blood transfusions and organ transplantations

CMV is sometimes found in body fluids, including urine, saliva (spit), breast milk, blood, tears, semen, and vaginal fluids. A person can become infected with CMV when they come in contact with infected body fluids. However, people who are CMV-positive (have been infected with CMV sometime in the past) usually do not have virus in these fluids, so the chance of getting a CMV infection from casual contact is very small.

Contact with the saliva or urine of young children is a major cause of CMV infection among pregnant women.

Women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy should follow hygienic practices (e.g., careful handwashing) to avoid CMV infection. Because young children are more likely to have CMV in their urine or saliva (spit) than are older children or adults, pregnant women who have young children or work with young children should be especially careful.

What are the signs and symptoms of CMV?

Most healthy children and adults infected with CMV have no symptoms and may not even know that they have been infected. Others may develop a mild illness. Symptoms may include fever, sore throat, fatigue, and swollen glands. These symptoms are similar to those of other illnesses, so most people are not aware that they are infected with CMV.

Most babies born with CMV (in other words, "congenital" CMV) never develop symptoms or disabilities. When babies do have symptoms, some can go away but others can be permanent.

Examples of symptoms or disabilities caused by congenital (meaning present at birth) CMV:

Temporary Symptoms Permanent Symptoms or Disabilities

Liver problems

Spleen problems

Jaundice (yellow skin and eyes)

Purple skin splotches

Lung problems

Small size at birth

Seizures

Hearing loss

Vision loss

Mental disability

Small head

Lack of coordination

Seizures

Death

In some children, symptoms do not appear until months or years after birth. The most common of these late-occurring symptoms are hearing loss and vision loss. Children with congenital CMV are more likely to have permanent disabilities and symptoms that get worse if they had symptoms of CMV infection at birth. But, some children who appear healthy at birth can develop hearing or vision loss over time due to congenital CMV. For this reason, if you know your baby was born with CMV, it is important to have her or him hearing and vision tested regularly.

What health problems does CMV cause in babies?

Hearing Loss

Vision Loss

Mental Disability

Lung Problems

Bleeding Problems

Spleen Problems

Liver Problems

Growth Problems

CMV can cause symptoms when the baby is born or later in the baby’s life. Most babies born with CMV never develop symptoms or disabilities. In some infants, hearing or vision loss occur months or years after birth.

I got clinically diagnosed with herpes virus (type 2) about six years ago, when I was still attending college and had a stupid one-night stand. I realize loads of young ladies will declare this, but I swear I had never done that sort of thing before. I just made a huge mistake that one time and suddenly I felt like I was going to have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life. The worst part was feeling I could never date guys again. In the end, who wants to go out with someone that has sores round her private parts? But since a friend shared this movie https://tr.im/U8xsC everything improved.

Not only was I able to eliminate all remnants of the herpes simplex virus from my system in less than three weeks, but I was also able to start dating again. I even met the guy of my dreams and I'm so lucky to write that just a week ago, in front of everybody in a busy cafe, he got down on one knee and proposed to me! This program provided the chance to be happy and experience real love. Now I want to enable you too by sharing this with the whole World.

certain, yet make constructive that is what it truly is first. bypass to the overall practitioner and locate out for constructive yet contained in the recommend time do no longer have sex. frequently adult adult males are the carriers of the yeast and that is the way you get the an infection and then you will be able to in turn bypass the an infection for your better 1/2. So be threat-free and bypass to the overall practitioner.

epstein barr virus...according to this emedicine link

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic504.htm

here is couple more links, not sure if exactly what you want

http://www.projinf.org/fs/cmv.html

http://www.thebody.com/pinf/cmv.html