i have been trying to lose weight since the middle on january 07 and i pretty much have a goal set...?

i started off weighing in at 175 :( ( i had been on the depo bc shot for 2 years which didnt help, made me gain a bunch) but i switched to the pill and i started walking at a fast pace and jogging what little bit i could since im a smoker....from then to now people have told me that i seem slimmer.....i am 19,female and 5 foot 7 inches...started off at 175 and now 160 (162 at the moment due to that certain time of the month) my goal is set to weigh about 135-140....is that a good weight for me to be? and how does my progress sound at this point? :D thanks

Favorite Answer

Wow, you're doing great :)

I think your goal sounds very reasonable. So far you have lost about 5 pounds per week. It's common to lose weight more quickly at first, so don't get discouraged if your weight loss slows down a bit. 1-2 pounds a week is still great.

Keep it up!

Check your BMI. There is a formula for that. Losing weight is not everything. Most importantly, a balance of mainly 3 factors, lead you a healthy lifestyle. They are amount/type of food, the amount of sleep & exercise. Good luck!!

• SS90

Sounds like you are doing pretty well. Keep it up. Add some variety to the exercise routine if you get bored.

Good job!

• ?

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

• ?

plan active dates with your hubby such as bowling or golfing instead of dinner and a movie

• huggz

Your progress is good. Keep up the good work.

Im also losing but I have a lot more to lose, I have lost 75lbs so far :)

Participate in sex atleast 3 times in a week

Exercise in the morning than evening

invest in a standing desk like the ergotron workfit s 379 ergotron com or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books

• ?

looking for the benefits of salmon but you dont feel comfortable cooking fish try canned salmon as a simple and affordable alternative