Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i have been trying to lose weight since the middle on january 07 and i pretty much have a goal set...?

i started off weighing in at 175 :( ( i had been on the depo bc shot for 2 years which didnt help, made me gain a bunch) but i switched to the pill and i started walking at a fast pace and jogging what little bit i could since im a smoker....from then to now people have told me that i seem slimmer.....i am 19,female and 5 foot 7 inches...started off at 175 and now 160 (162 at the moment due to that certain time of the month) my goal is set to weigh about 135-140....is that a good weight for me to be? and how does my progress sound at this point? :D thanks

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow, you're doing great :)

I think your goal sounds very reasonable. So far you have lost about 5 pounds per week. It's common to lose weight more quickly at first, so don't get discouraged if your weight loss slows down a bit. 1-2 pounds a week is still great.

Keep it up!

• 1 decade ago

Check your BMI. There is a formula for that. Losing weight is not everything. Most importantly, a balance of mainly 3 factors, lead you a healthy lifestyle. They are amount/type of food, the amount of sleep & exercise. Good luck!!

• SS90
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sounds like you are doing pretty well. Keep it up. Add some variety to the exercise routine if you get bored.

Good job!

• ?
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

plan active dates with your hubby such as bowling or golfing instead of dinner and a movie

• huggz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Your progress is good. Keep up the good work.

Im also losing but I have a lot more to lose, I have lost 75lbs so far :)

• 5 years ago

Participate in sex atleast 3 times in a week

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Exercise in the morning than evening

• 5 years ago

invest in a standing desk like the ergotron workfit s 379 ergotron com or get crafty and raise your monitor and keyboard with books

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

looking for the benefits of salmon but you dont feel comfortable cooking fish try canned salmon as a simple and affordable alternative

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.