Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is diffrence between a women and a lady?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A woman can be, or not, a lady.

A lady can be nothing else than a woman.

I know this is a joke, but the answers above have already answered the way I would.

• 1 decade ago

A woman is a general classification (that woman over there). A lady is a woman you know by association and have determined she has the qualities of a lady (Christina is truly a lady).

• 1 decade ago

All ladies are women, but....all women are not necessarily ladies. The term ladies, is usually a status classification. Ladies normally are associated as being dignified, refined & classy in their social status.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a woman is a general term for a female adult human.

a lady is a polite way of speaking usually indicating either respect or the quality of the persons background ,meaning that she has money and is well educated

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well every female will become an woman at the age's 18 and up. but a lady is an woman that carry's her self politely, and respect her self and others.

• 1 decade ago

personally, i'd say a woman is any grown female human, and a lady is more of an old time or southern word for a woman that the person sees as respectful.

• 1 decade ago

Generally, 'woman' is a broader category than 'lady'. By lady, people take that to mean somebody refined or of high rank.

• 1 decade ago

A woman is a function of biology. A lady is a product of good upbringing.

• 1 decade ago

All ladies are women but not all women are ladies.

• 1 decade ago

me-i'm more of a broad and have earned that title and carry it with pride. lol i can be a lady when needed in certain social settings or with certain people, am always a woman, but broad seems to fit best.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.