My radiator is spilling coolant what is the problem?

Just the other day I took my Honda Accord to a local shop and got my radiator flushed. The next day my radiator was spilling and gushing coolant. I took it back the the shop and they said it was probably the cap. The guy at the Advance auto changed the cap and the radiator is still gushing. The guy at the shop-where I took my car- said it may be cracked. But for the low price of 300 some dollars he could fix it. But when they flushed the radiator the day before shouldn't they have caught this??? I think it is IRONIC that now I have a possible crack in my radiator after they just flushed it the day before? What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Tell him he needs to fix your problem, free, it was fine when you brought it in. Better Business Bureau him, legal action, whatever it takes.

Well assuming that your cars not overheating and spilling over (which means a cracked head or head gasket) I would ride them pretty hard, because you should only have to send it in once for them to solve the problem, because you want them to fix only one problem. You shouldn't have to pay for any part that didn't fix the problem you sent it in for. But you will have to pay for the stupid tests that they do in order to figure out whats wrong, however that may be. I would only pay for the part that fixes the problem personally. And since it may be the radiator you'll have to pay for a test to find the crack, which usually means a dye is put in the radiator and a black light is used to detect where it comes from. Radiators usually cost around 200-250 dollars, and are very easy to replace, messy, but easy. so the 300 dollar mark is prolly with the labor included.

Man thats easy. Just look under the hood and find out where it is leaking from right? Or get the guy at the shop to show you the crack? And if it is cracked just get some fast weld.

Also if your car heats up too much itll start "gushing" from the cap or a hose.

This is exactly how I got screwed. Took my car in for minor work and then two days later its over heating and the engine blew up. I would say stay on there asses. I am sure it is there fault because because it is very easy to put a hole in a radiator when you are messing with it. Get a lawyer and they will fix the problem at no charge

once you replenish the equipment after flushing you could desire to run the vehicle and permit the air trapped to flee take your cap off chilly run the vehicle to regular temp this might desire to enable each and all of the air to flee then astounding off equipment with 50/50 coolant water combination replace cap and save an eye fixed on it we call this burbing the equipment air wont cool liquid will

why did you take it to get flushed?? they said it probably is, could be, it may be, but they never told you what the problem is. you need a new radiator. do it yourself and don't go back there. and they are going to stick you for more anti-freeze also.