Nepal? India?

Why do so many people confuse Nepal as being a part of India? Nepal has never been a part of any other country as far as I know. They weren't even controlled by Grt. Britain while INdia was. The cultures are somewhat similar, so what? Here're the facts: Buddha was born in NEpal, Mt. EVerest is in Nepal not... show more Why do so many people confuse Nepal as being a part of India? Nepal has never been a part of any other country as far as I know. They weren't even controlled by Grt. Britain while INdia was. The cultures are somewhat similar, so what? Here're the facts: Buddha was born in NEpal, Mt. EVerest is in Nepal not in India. ANd I"m apalled to see some Indians saying NEpal should just be a part of India. That's never gonna happen. I have many Nepalese friends and they love the fact that thier country was never occupied by any other nations.
Update: Why do so many people confuse Nepal as being a part of India? Nepal has never been a part of any other country as far as I know. They weren't even controlled by Grt. Britain while INdia was. The cultures are somewhat similar, so what? Here're the facts: Buddha was born in NEpal, Mt. EVerest is in Nepal not... show more Why do so many people confuse Nepal as being a part of India? Nepal has never been a part of any other country as far as I know. They weren't even controlled by Grt. Britain while INdia was. The cultures are somewhat similar, so what? Here're the facts: Buddha was born in NEpal, Mt. EVerest is in Nepal not in India. ANd I"m apalled to see some Indians saying NEpal should just be a part of India. That's never gonna happen. I have many Nepalese friends and they love the fact that their country was never occupied by any other nations. ANd some of you Indians out there, please improve your attitude and stop acting like you have the right to even dare to say that NEpal should just be aprt of India..