Prefer elite or popular democracy?WHY?

Prefer elite or popular democracy?WHY?

Favorite Answer

I prefer our Republican form of government, designed to protect us against Elitism and against popular Democracy.

Popular Democracy fails as soon as the public figures out it can vote to take assets from those who have earned them. (Hillary!!) Elitism, as in the Socialist Dictatorships or Islamist nations, is oppressive towards the general public. Neither of these systems protects individual Rights.

Source(s): Article IV Section 4. The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

I prefer self rule. Self rule is simply the ability of the people to live their life as they see fit, as long as they do no harm to others. Of course, most people would object to this because of their overwhelming desire to control how others live their lives.

I do not believe in democracy, which is nothing more than mob rule. Mob rule merely allows the majority of people to dictate how the minority of people live - even if their decrees are oppressive or harmful.

Slavery in the United States was preserved after the country declared independence from Great Britain in 1776 because the majority of states would not ratify the new constitution if the 'peculiar institution' was abolished. Thus, the majority was able to oppress the minority for another 90 years or so.

Though it may be preferable to other tyrannies such as fascist/communist dictatorships or monarchies, democracy is still oppressive in its own right.

It's not about if he's "popular" or not. It's about the connection that I have with the person and what they're all about, not their friends. Granted it's sometimes good when they have a few friends because then they won't be needy and always want me around because they have no one else to hang out with. I'm not saying that all people who prefer to be loners are like that though, so please don't take that the wrong way. There are postives and negatives to both sides! If a guy I'm with is really "popular" then I have to worry about ever getting time to spend with him if he's out with friends all the time. If you prefer being on your own then that's your choice and a girl should accept you for you and not by how many friends you have.

popular democracy, is the only true democracy...i believe all crucial issues like going to war, or immigration should not be decided by any congress but by referendum...let the people decide as it directly affects them, that is true democracy!

let me answer your question with a question - go to WalMart, and look at the general populace.

do YOU want these people running your country?

• Neither thank you...