What is the slogan / motto of your country, town or even your family?

You know, the words that appear on the crest or emblem of your nation.

Please also provide or name the country or town.

The reason I am asking this in R&S is to help us understand why certain things in the world are the way they are. We should be able to learn some fascinating things about the nature of our civilisation.

The best answer is given by how you understand the influence of the slogan, past present or future if you can be so bold. :-)

Australia's motto is

"Advance Australia"....

The answers below explain more than I ever expected... thanks

• wd
    Best Answer

Texas motto is "friendship" - I believe that we can learn from each other even though we may not agree on everything. I am Christian but I have learned from those on Yahoo Answers from all faiths and agnostics and atheists. I may not agree - but I have learned. This to me is the meaning of "friendship."

DEATH OR FREEDOM!! Macedonia for the Macedonians!!

it is the moto of one of the most important uprinigs in my country (Ilinden), because for many centuries, Macedonia was under Ottoman's rule (5 to be exact) and after that (after Balkan Wars 1912-1914) Macedonia was devided by it's neighbours - Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia and was never united again!!!

Today's teritory of Republic of Macedonia is only the part that Serbia got. :o(

• Peace

Scotland the brave

let Glasgow flourish is my town motto

this is the crest with a wonderful story behind it

http://www.rampantscotland.com/cal2005/calendar05/...

here is the story

http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/blknow_flouris...

Since Bush/Cheney, the slogan for the US has unfortunately become "If God did not want them sheared, He would not have made them sheep!" How the mighty have fallen from the days of Jefferson, Washington and Lincoln.

Slogan: "Onward through the fog"

Country: George Bush's New Amerika

• Midge

I don't want to tell you the slogan but, our coat of arms is a gold sleeve with epaulet on a blue background

I am Irish. The Thornton Clan's motto was (in 1590):

To Neither oppress; nor to be oppressed.

Slogan: We are back in 1984.

The movie of course.

• Esther

Well it isn't really our motto, but it is in our pledge of allegiance, and it's how I like to think of America: one nation under God. The significance of it is this: we exist by His grace.

• thoms

pay interest to what the persons who're going to attend regularly hear to. %. a music you be attentive to they'll like. make certain you do no longer attempt to sound like the guy who made it nicely-enjoyed. Sound like your self.