I'm a resident of Iowa in the military serving outside the state. Is my military income subject to state tax?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, Iowa legislature passed it in 2003 to exempt military income from Iowa state tax.

    In fact, if you paid it since 2003 you need to file an ammended state return for those years to get back what you paid in.

    Also you need to visit your local military finance office so they dont continue to deduct state tax from your pay. Check your pay vouchers to insure they are not doing that.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.