bex =] asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

What does "Mein Kampf" mean?

From Hitler's book...

Best Answer

my struggle

Mein Kampf is the shortened version, not Hitler's first choiuce (but then, he was always long-winded):

The first volume of Mein Kampf, entitled "Eine Abrechnung" ("An Account") was published on July 18, 1925, from notes Hitler dictated while in prison; the second volume, Die Nationalsozialistische Bewegung" ("The National-Socialistic Movement") was published in 1926. The original title Hitler chose was Viereinhalb Jahre (des Kampfes) gegen Lüge, Dummheit und Feigheit or in English "Four and a Half Years (of Struggle) against Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice." His Nazi publisher, Max Amann, decided this title was too complicated and had it shortened to Mein Kampf ("My Struggle").

My Struggle, was written while Hitler was in jail for conspiracy against the state via the the Beer-hall Punch, a feeble attempt at revolution. The book was a compelling tale of sentiments commonly held by the Germans in the midst of despair and depression after the First World War!

Note also that Hitler was not even a leader of the Brown Shirts then but he did by publishing his book advance the cause for National Democratic Socialism, hence the Nazi Party evolved!

It is German for "My Struggle". Most Germans who read it in the 30s called it "Mein Krampf" or "My diarrhea". It is a pretty weird book.

My Struggle

My Struggle by Adolf Hitler... Good book to read...

my struggle, i think. sorry, je ne parle pas german.

did you know...hitler's mom's doctor wanted her to have an abortion? that's what my math teacher says, anyways... (don't ask me how my math teacher knows that)

my struggle...its a book by hitler

My life

• Carol

"mein yahaan hun" means i am here