Kramer guitar question - where is the truss rod?

I have an old Striker 600ST, so badly intonated that the neck will have to be adjusted. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out where the truss rod is! There's no truss rod cover up at the top of the neck... is it accessible via the neckjoint cover at the bottom on the back? How does one find it?
Update: These answers would be very helpful for someone looking for general information on how to intonate a guitar - but I am not that someone, although I do appreciate the time people have taken. I am looking for the rather specific information regarding the means of access to the truss rod on a circa 1986 Kramer... show more These answers would be very helpful for someone looking for general information on how to intonate a guitar - but I am not that someone, although I do appreciate the time people have taken.

I am looking for the rather specific information regarding the means of access to the truss rod on a circa 1986 Kramer Striker 600ST.