What is a "Wisconsin dell"?

I heard of Wisconsin dells but never heard what they are. I see there are theme parks -- but what is Wisconsin Dells

Favorite Answer

Wisconsin Dells is actually a small city in the summer time filled with tourists mainly from around the Midwest

funny part is 95% of the attractions are actually in the village of Lake Delton along with the largest motels and indoor water parks

it was originally called Kilbourn

but the word "dell" is a small secluded wooded valley. and there are many in the area

and the word "dells" is the rapids of a river. which there used to be in the area until they put the dam in back around the early 1900's

and Wisconsin Dells is right on the Wisconsin river

hence the name

Wisconsin Dells is the best place to go for theme parks- all ages, main place for a lot of family vacationing. It is awesome there, you should totally go!!! wiat till summer/spring to go though!! I have been going every year since i was 2.

I went there when I was six, its the best place in the world. Its like Hawaii combined with Jamaica. Only there no sharks sandcrabs or anything you wouldn't want to see, in fact you may call it paradise......