What are the rules and legal conditions to start freelance web designing?

How i start? where should i contact? who will give me project?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I would recommend that you get a business license in your local city. Look under City of _________ in the white pages and call their licensing office.

    Then design a great website of your own emphasizing the things that you can include on the person's website.

    Have 3 packages. Basic, Advanced, and Media. The basic will not need to be changed once it is set up. They will have to pay you in a few months if they want changes after their initial approval. For the advanced, you will add more pages and photos and give them two more future sessions to add materials.

    Media will have a video that can be played.

    One of the best ways to get customers might be to ask your local libraries if you can offer classes on computer web design. Teach people how to do the basics, then offer your services. Even if they do their own, they may refer others to you. Another way is to offer to teach the class at local conventions, such as PTA, Small Business groups, etc. Look for entertainers in the yellow pages and see which ones don't have their own website.

    Contact churches that don't have a website.

    You may have to do 2 or 3 for free so you will have a "portfolio" to show clients. Click here to visit a website I designed, etc.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    unless u have contacts u cant get any work in this.

    to make contact u need to advertise in yellow pages, u will get some project if you are luck enough.

    best way would be to work for a company and make contacts with clients there who will trust you and would give you work even after you part ways with them.

    try getting projects on freelance.com contractedwork.com or similar website.

    try making contacts with other designers who can sublet you their work if they get excess projects.

    or else if u dont mind hard work... u can try to contact small companies without websites, and offer them your services..

    workathomeindia.com can also be helpful

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    get a license from city hall for about $100 and you're covered.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.