Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

How are real estate prices in New Mexico?

I think it'd be a nice place to buy a home. I live in California, where most of the real estate is out of buying range for the middle class.

Favorite Answer

Overall, real estate prices are VERY reasonable anywhere but Santa Fe and maybe Taos. We're getting a LOT of retirees in southern New Mexico (Las Cruces, Deming, Alamogordo) because housing is so affordable and the weather is very mild.

I recently saw a 5 bedroom, something like 2,300 square foot house with 2 bathrooms and 2 car garage in a nice older (but not historic) neighborhood sell for $150,000 here in Las Cruces.

Housing is even cheaper in Alamogordo or Deming.

My friend from california bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath nice house in a nice neighborhood, for less than he had a one bedroom home in san diego. The average price for a home where i live is $130,000-180,000 for a 1800 sq foot home or more

why don't you check out realtor.com...it's free and you can see what's currently on the market to get an idea...

Source(s): I'm a realtor.