Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

How are real estate prices in New Mexico?

I think it'd be a nice place to buy a home. I live in California, where most of the real estate is out of buying range for the middle class.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Overall, real estate prices are VERY reasonable anywhere but Santa Fe and maybe Taos. We're getting a LOT of retirees in southern New Mexico (Las Cruces, Deming, Alamogordo) because housing is so affordable and the weather is very mild.

I recently saw a 5 bedroom, something like 2,300 square foot house with 2 bathrooms and 2 car garage in a nice older (but not historic) neighborhood sell for $150,000 here in Las Cruces.

Housing is even cheaper in Alamogordo or Deming.

• 1 decade ago

My friend from california bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath nice house in a nice neighborhood, for less than he had a one bedroom home in san diego. The average price for a home where i live is $130,000-180,000 for a 1800 sq foot home or more

• 1 decade ago

why don't you check out realtor.com...it's free and you can see what's currently on the market to get an idea...

Source(s): I'm a realtor.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.