Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

The white part of my eye..?

I was aplying makeup on my eye and notice a bloody spot,swollen, on the white part of my eye.. Like a broken blood vessel. 30 min. later I looked at it again and its getting worse and spreading. I don't remember poking it or anything like that. My eye is dry.. I was prescribed some valium, could this be doing it? I was in the hospital 4 days ago, they gave me blood thinner, could it be that? Any ideas?

Best Answer

It depends on how close or if it continues to move towards your iris/pupil, then you need to see a ophthalmologist.

If it is a distance from the coloring matter in your eye just keep a close watch on it. You should be okay and it will clear on it's own.

Most likely it was caused by the blood thinner.

yes, between the valium and blood thinner that's what did it, but there's nothing to be concerned about, it will clear up just make sure it doesn't get worse and maybe you should give the makeup a break until it gets better.

• Norine

thats a great questions and dont buy contact lenses because first off IT WILL NOT HELP AT ALL contacts cover the colored part of your eye (brown. green in eyes) they DO NOT cover the white part. and they are also pretty uncomfortable to put on for the first month

I would call your doctor but it probably is a broken blood vessel. I used to have chronic bronchitis when I was a child and I coughed so hard I broke a few in each of my eyes.

If you had a blood thinner...see a doctor. Otherwise, these things are pretty common and go away on there own in about a week. When in doubt, check it out.

Valium, or any other benzodiazepine, when used for a long period of time, can cause blurred or fluctuating vision, but not a burst vessel.

Oh for heaven sake! Call Your Doctor NOW...

or go to an emergency clinic today. Like in the next ten minutes.

Don't mess around with this. Your eyes are too precious.

i think u should go to another hospital, check what another doctor says.

cause u could never find out what is the problem unless going to a second opinion.

good luck!

Am not trying to scary you but I would see a doctor wright away.

i don't know, but maybe your makeup has germs in it and causing this. take your medicine and stop wearing makeup for a while. after that while, but all new makeup and keep that clean because your makeup is germy and bacteria-ey.