who are the best company's to get a mortgage from for first time buyers?

also is it a good idea to get mortgages from company's that are not banks?

Favorite Answer

First time homebuyers, I cannot stress this enough, do not go to anyplace like ditech, lending tree, or any bank that has an apply online, do it yourself loan. The process is very complicated, you will have questions, and none of these places will be able to answer them fully for you. Consult a mortgage broker. They know what they're doing. Usually, your best bet is to try to go conforming or FHA, but in today's market, first timers rarely have good credit, and you'll end up going with an Alt-A lender at best, or subprime at worst. Again, consult a mortgage broker. You will need the help.

I like Hamlin Mortgage. First National Bank is good as well. It really depends upon what state you are in. To have a loan officer from our network contact you, take 30 seconds and fill out the free evaluation at

www.totaldebtsolutionsllc.com

You should look into http://my.countrywide.com/