Do you like the name Skylar?

What comes to mind when you hear this name?

Favorite Answer

What is it's meaning? I like names that have meaning....Not sure if this one has.

My daughter's name is Skylar! I obviously LOVE this name. =) I've loved it for years and it was the ONLY name I had picked out for a girl. I know it seems to be rather popular for boys lately in certain areas, but around here it's still a fairly uncommon name, especially for girls.

So what comes to mind, for ME, is my beautiful blue-eyed daughter! I don't really have any preconceived notions about names usually...I just love the way the name sounds. We call her Sky. And actually, her name has a lot of meaning for us: She was born 3 months early and weighed less than 2 lbs...the nurses in the NICU would say, "'Sky' suits her...she's an angel from the sky!".

Source(s): Mommy of a 1 year old daughter, Skylar!

sky lark, it makes me think of a song bird, which is a good thing. You need to have a normal middle name though in case the kid gets tired of Skylar, Skylar Rose, Skylar Rae, Skylar Michelle

something like that. Good choice though, Good luck and God bless!

I think smart since Skylar means scholar. According to babynames.com, only 166 people have that name spelled that way. 3,893 said it was one of their favorties.

I personally love the name. :)

Source(s): babynames.com

Skylar is nice

Luke Skylar is better.

Please don't pay attention to middle finger in fact give her your middle Finger

she is trying to make a connection of some sort...but...it's just not coming together.

So she should erase this answer and try, try again.

if she answers a question (or any other question for that matter) , She might want to write it down and run it by a few people BEFORE she decides to make it a permanent post!

A lark flying in the sky. As both are very nice names.

my ex friends little girl is named skyler so i think of that cute little one and the meaning of the name is "scholar" its a male and female name i like it and it looks cute the child can be anything they want with the name :)

I like it! It's different and not too common, but heard of enough not to be too strange or anything. I have heard it for either a boy or a girl.

When i hear that name i think of an old white trailer trash woman yelling at her son to come eat.. hey im being honest! Ska-Lur!