Its my party, What 80's costume should I wear?

It is my 21st in three weeks. And my theme is 80's. Can I please have some realistic suggestions to dress up as?

Also any Ideas on where in sydney (Aus) to get some clothes would be great.

Favorite Answer

Anything neon, high top sneakers, big hair, big plastic jewellery, headbands, gold lame`, big belts.

Most fancy dress shops stock bad 80s costumes, and you could always try the Salvo's or St Vinnies for a cheap alternative.

Happy Birthday, have a fabulous time.

Try googling for shops in Sydney, I don't live there so I have NO clue. But for the outfit, try this:

Slighty oversized sweater that hangs off your shoulders and maybe a halter underneath.

Ankle or knee length tights

And for a modern twist, try some mocasians or maybe Crocs. Maybe a cute barrate 2. Happy Birthday!

omg sounds like a fun party can i come? just kidding! well leggings and a mini skirt are always great! also like neon colors! good luck and i hope u have a fun party!

p.s i was not around during the 80's but i love the 80's and their style so i have a lot of 80's clothes!

I personally love Madonna, I would do the short white lace dress, leggings, and black gloves with fingers cut out, black shades and jelly bracelets!!!! Look up some of her old 80' pics online to get more ideas.

Parachute pants... the ribbons in the hair like Madonna or Whitney Houston wore...

Dress up like the lead singer of cameo. Get the flat top fro, and the HUGE red cod-piece and black leather pants. You will be a stud!

Are you a guy or a girl?

Girls - Big hair and shoulder pads

Guys - Tight jeans and a mullet

wear leggings with and over sized sweat shirt that hangs of your shoulders. Also wear a halter underneath

Flashdance ... torn sweatshirt, leg warmers, keds.... the works!

raspberry beret. the kind you find in a second hand store.