What do you think about the Boston scare thing?

"We're not going to let this go without looking at the further roots of how this happened to cause the panic in this city," This is a quote from the attorney general in reference to the "planted devices" scare. It would seem to me that if all the "lawmen" weren't so busy... show more "We're not going to let this go without looking at the further roots of how this happened to cause the panic in this city,"
This is a quote from the attorney general in reference to the "planted devices" scare.
It would seem to me that if all the "lawmen" weren't so busy trying to justify their excessive vigilance (and excessive bugets), treating every unattended Light-Bright as a bomb and potential terrorist plot we wouldn't have been scared in the first place.
Now, don't get me wrong an ounce of genuine prevention is one thing but haven't things gone a little too far?? Hasn't it gone far beyond justifiable defence to the realm of absolute control??
Update: what's next outlawing personal electronics? Do we have to treat EVERY unaccounted for person or object as dangerous?
Do you think that by doing so we are creating our own terror? And giving the "terrorists" the real control they wanted all along?
Only IQs over 80 respond.
Update 2: "This is how liberty dies."