How to get oil paint off hands?

its black, too!

Best Answer

Paint thinner or gas--the kind you put in a car. I always use gas. If the paint is dry, you may need to put it on a few times or dip your hands in and soak a little while. Then wash good with warm to hot soapy water.

Vaseline or other hand creams will require work but they will re-wet the oil base and depending on the time frame your hands have been stained and remove the paint without damaging your skin. If you don't have the 10 to 20 minutes for that then try a hand cleaner like goop or a soap like lava

Ordinary handcleaner from Walmart cleans that off if not dry. So will Kerosine purchased at your gas station for $3 a gallon.

If dry. You are stuck for a few hours until your skin releases oils and the paint falls off. I dont recommend any paint remover on your hands.

Try using whats called "lava" soap. That is used by mechanics. It's used for motor oil remover for hands and stuff like that. Good luck.

Mineral Turpintine is the only thing I know that works. Rub it in, then rinse thouroughly with smelly soap under running water.