Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Hydrogen Peroxide?

Is it true that this can help with slight gingivitis of the gums? I only have it mild, but I want it to go quickly. So I was wondering if HP could help?

BTW, update on the dentist. I posted a question yesterday saying how scared I was of going to the dentist. I took some music as someone recommended and it helped a lot. Cheers.

Favorite Answer

Yes, it helps. The best way is to use a dental irrigator. You put warm water into the irrigator with just a little bit of hydrogen peroxide and if you want you can also add a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of salt.

If you don´t have a dental irrigator, you can also just mix the above ingredients in a glass. Mix it well to make sure the salt and the baking soda dissolve. Swish the mixture around among your teeth. You can also gargle with it, it is also soothing and healthy for your throat.

I used to have gingivitis and this method really helped me.

Source(s): Personal experience and the advice of my orthodontist, a US dentist who worked in Germany
  • KCBA

I regularly rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide to help with gingivitis. I have done this on the advice not only of my dentist but my doctor. And yes, it works.

ask you dentist . And i don't think Hydrogen Peroxide is don't good for your teeth never mind you gums . And it's meant to make you teeth go not as Strong as they were . Just check with your dentist . Better to be on the safe side .

YES !!!!!!! I had the same problem and wish I had used it sooner then when I started. Rinse with it full strength and I did it two or three times a day as well as used Listerine a few times a day.

Don't see how it would hurt. There's a mouthwash out that is a PRE-brush mouthwash... you rinse with it (it contains peroxide) and it bubbles up in your mouth... then you spit it out and brush and your teeth come out looking AMAZING (as well as your breath!)

yes, peroxide will help. I use it along with mouthwash to rinse every night.